About Nsfas 2024-2025
About Nsfas 2024-2025
The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a loan program or source of cash offered by the government to students from economically underprivileged households. NSFAS assists low-income students with paying their registration fees, tuition, housing costs, meal allowances, and book allowances. NSFAS uses its own standards to determine who is deserving of funding or is eligible. NSFAS solely serves the citizens of South Africa.
Who qualifies for the nsfas online application?
Applicants can only apply for the NSFAS funding if;
- South African citizen
- Receive a SASSA grant
- Total household income is R350 000 or less per annum
- Applying to study at a TVET College or public university
- Already registered as a university student with a total household income of under R122 000 per annum
- Passed grade 9 and grade 10 to receive funding to study at TVET College
- Passed Matric to receive funding to study at University
- Registering for your first time at a public university for an undergraduate qualification or registered at a public TVET College for a National Certificate Vocational/ report 191 programme
NSFAS Application Required Documents
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians,s or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for nsfas application form 2024-2025
If you would like to apply for NSFAS online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
For nsfas online application click >>>here
For more information on nsfas click here