airline jobs 2023-2024
airline jobs 2023-2024
AIR FREIGHT MANAGER
FREIGHT MANAGER – PORT MORESBY
Date Posted: 01/06/22
Location: POM, Papua New Guinea
Work Type: Freight Forwarding
- Do you want to work in a setting that is both varied and dynamic?
- Do you want to work for a company that leads innovation in the global freight sector?
- Do you possess the motivation to help guide our company into the future?
We are a family-run international freight company in Papua New Guinea with a proactive mindset that appreciates our workers, their safety, and the environment. We provide excellent customer service, practice corporate social responsibility, and foster a work environment where people want to stay. We are recognized as innovative leaders in our industry.
So who are you? The Air Freight Manager, a highly qualified business expert with a focus on commercial business, will lead the EFM business agenda in the global freight and logistics sector, particularly in airfreight. With exceptional, observable leadership abilities, the role will provide guidance in operations, sales, airfreight business, and market understanding. Along with having a large industrial network, an in-depth understanding of the air freight sector is crucial.
You will be required to build, manage, and assume responsibility for the overall success of our Airfreight department using your experience in all facets of leading an operationally focused team.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate excellent leadership and managerial skills, as well as a thorough understanding of efficient operational processes and establishing long-term customer relationships, to report to the Port Moresby Branch Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following are some of the basic duties of this position:
- Build and improve the EFM product and service portfolio to provide a unified and shared framework across the organization and to serve as a source of motivation for your team’s revenue growth.
- Together with the Branch Managers and General managers, actively participate in developing the goals for the departments you oversee.
- Identifying and creating new business prospects can help you to maximize regional business potential and profitability.
- Define and carry out business objectives and plans, both domestically and internationally, in accordance with your reporting manager’s discussions and approval.
- Establish solid regional ties with our forwarding partners to enable EFM to purchase space at market-leading prices, as well as with other pertinent supply chain partners and potential clients in all market segments.
- Establish close ties with the EFM regional teams in Australia, Fiji, and the Solomon Islands.
- Direct the team’s overall development in order to produce exceptional service at a fair price while keeping costs under control.
- Through networking and membership in the proper national industry organizations, one is in charge of one’s “Position in Market.”
For more info, click here