Arts and Culture
Arts and Culture
Arts and Culture
The Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We intend to foster representativeness in the Public Service through filling positions, although we reserve the right to not fill a job. As a result, those whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representatively will be given priority. An indication in this regard will speed up the application procedure.
The following are the instructions for submitting an application:
Delivery by hand:
Sechaba House, 202 Madiba Street, cnr Madiba, and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria, Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture
Alternatively, send a letter to the Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001.
- Appropriate and qualified individuals are asked to apply for the following position (s). Applicants should be aware that a new employment application (Z83) has been in place since January 1, 2021. The revised employment application form is available at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies.
- Applications that are submitted using the old Z83 form will be rejected. All parts of the Z83 must be filled and signed, and the application must be supported by a full CV (with two recent and contactable referees), as well as original certified copies of the applicant’s ID, and driver’s license (if applicable), and educational qualifications. Applications will be automatically disqualified if the appropriate documentation is not submitted.
- Prior to the selection procedure, the applicant must have international qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who are applying for multiple positions must submit a separate form Z83 (together with the required paperwork) for each position. If a candidate decides to withdraw his or her application, he or she must do so in writing. An employment contract and an annual performance agreement will be required of the successful candidate. Personnel suitability checks will be conducted on all short-listed candidates, and the winning candidate will be subjected to rigorous security vetting. Positive vetting findings are required for the appointment.
- All applicants are encouraged to disclose any criminal or poor credit history.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- Only successful candidates will receive correspondence. Short-listed candidates must attend an interview on a date and time designated by the Department at a location to be determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates for SMS positions will be subjected to a technical exercise, the logistics of which will be notified by the Department, with the goal of testing relevant technical parts of the job. In accordance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments, the selection committee will suggest candidates attend a generic managerial competency assessment following the interview and technical exercise. Using the mandatory DPSA SMS competency tools, the competency assessment will examine generic managerial competencies. Please acknowledge that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within three months of the advertisement’s closing date.
- With effect from April 1, 2020, the DPSA Directive on Compulsory Capacity Development, Mandatory Training Days, and Minimum Requirements have been revised. The completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry program, as approved by the National School of Government, will be the new prerequisite for an appointment at the SMS level, according to the directive. Before the interview, the applicant should have documentation that they have registered for the Pre-entry certificate and finished the course. The candidate is responsible for the cost of the pre-entry certificate. Please go to https://ejobsa.com/?p=890&preview=true to access the pre-certificate course.
At this time, there are no open positions at DAC.
For more info, click here