If you are seeking a job as an Assistance-Maintenance(PEM), the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
- To aid Artisans and Technicians in maintaining machine availability with little downtime by resolving emergencies, breakdowns, and scheduled servicing effectively.
Key Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
- Assist Artisans and Technicians in carrying out all maintenance tasks to the required standard.
- Ensure that the necessary tools and equipment are available to perform preventative maintenance as specified by the Artisan and/or Technician.
- Perform housekeeping tasks in the workshop and other workspaces.
- Respect SHEQ legislation, internal rules, and procedures.
- Complete small jobs as they are assigned and under the supervision of a skilled individual.
- To reduce risks, actively identify and report potential dangers.
The ideal candidate will most likely have:
- N3 Matriculation with Mathematics and Science Mechanical / Electrical (Required) Forklift / Cherry Picker /Tractor license will be an asset.
- 1 year of experience in a comparable role
Knowledge and abilities:
- Mechanical and electrical engineering fundamentals
- SHE Fundamentals
- Procedures and techniques for Basic Maintenance
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to detect flaws
- Paying close attention to detail
Internal applicants should apply via the SABN intranet careers platform, uploading full CVs and proof of qualifications. External applicants should apply on the Careers24 website by submitting a complete CV, a copy of their ID, copies of their qualifications, and a current pay stub. If the accompanying documents are not submitted, no applications will be considered.
SABN is devoted to equality, equity in the workplace, and diversity. Preference may be given, but is not limited to, candidates from underrepresented designated groups in accordance with SABN’s Employment Equity Plan and its Employment Equity goals and targets. No applications will be considered beyond the deadline or if they do not meet the basic requirements. Please keep in mind that only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date. The SABN maintains the right not to fill the advertised positions. Prospective applicants must be willing to go through a series of evaluations and security clearance procedures as outlined by the National Security Agency.
In general, the SABN will not use your personal information for purposes other than those required by law. In accordance with federal reporting regulations, your information may be reported to the Department of Labour (DOL). The Department of Labor has agreed to fully adhere to the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) in the processing of all information, and has accepted full responsibility for this. As a result, you release the SABN from any and all liability originating from the provision of information.