Assistant Manager 2023-2024
Assistant Manager 2023-2024
If you are seeking a job as an Assistant Manager, the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
- To direct and coordinate operational aspects throughout project life cycles in order to ensure optimum performance in accordance with the Life of Mine, business requirements, organizational objectives, and good engineering practice.
- To assist the Manager, of Engineering in optimizing the performance of equipment through operational and maintenance processes, methods, and asset technology.
- Project operational readiness is ensured.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure asset availability, dependability, and cost optimization.
- • Ensure asset management alignment to business strategies
- • Adding value to business asset management
- • Ensure effective asset life cycle management by applying Physical Asset Management (PAM) principles and Reliability.
- Principles of Relationship-Centered Management (RCM)
- Governance, Compliance, and Assurance
- • Develop effective business operations, communication, and control methodology that ensures statutory compliance and appropriate risk mitigation.
- • Ensures quality by adhering to sound engineering standards.
- • Create operating procedures that are in line with business goals.
- • Ensure adherence to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act, Mine
- The Health and Safety Act (MHSA), South African National Standards (SANS), and company-specific Safety, Health, and Environmental policies must all be followed.
- Policies and procedures for (SHE)
- • Risk management and standardization
- • Raise awareness and accept responsibility
- Launch initiatives for continuous improvement that will result in cost savings.
- opportunities while staying up to date on new developments in the specialist field
- Collaborate with other departments to assess new technologies in order to improve process capabilities, product quality, and throughput requirements.
- Use the Theory of Constraints (TOC) to improve process capability and asset management
- Carry out research in order to initiate process changes.
- Management of Customer and Client Relationships
- Participate in projects as a representative of the operations, maintenance, and service departments.
- Provide project and operational teams with expert technical and operational support.
- People Management that Works
- Encourage teamwork, offer support, and manage performance by developing and implementing individual development plans for subordinates.
- Monitor the activities of reporting staff and strive to meet operational goals.
- At your discretion, perform fair and reasonable tasks related to your job and working environment.
- Follow functional policies, standards, guidelines, procedures, end-to-end processes, tools, and templates, among other things.
- Assist in the standardization, simplification, and acceleration of functional processes, as well as the elimination of duplication and bureaucracy.
- Use functional best practices and encourage the sharing of best practices and knowledge.
- Support for Operations
- Coordinate commissioning, quality assurance, and performance criteria testing.
- Perform in-depth analysis of project systems and processes
- Contribute technical expertise to the project team
- Contribute to design, technical reviews, hazard and operability assessments.
- (HAZOPS) analysis and other project-related reviews
- Ensure that the design is operable, maintainable, and efficient.
- Evaluate and complete projects with the least amount of risk, within the timeframes specified, and within the budgetary constraints.
- Oversee capital projects involving processes, technology, and equipment.
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment, as well as safe operations and practices.
- Ensure that all applicable SHE policies and procedures are followed in accordance with established standards.
- Foster a culture that prioritizes safety in all operations.
For more info on this job, click here