barclays careers 2023-2024
barclays careers 2023-2024
HEAD: CAREER DEVELOPMENT CONSULTING
The Director reports to the Head: of Career Development Consulting (CDC), who is a member of the Department’s Senior Management team. The ideal candidate will supervise the constant delivery of bespoke career development-related services to increase employment chances and student achievement, such as events, resources, and tools, as the leader of the Career Development Consulting group. This work benefits from a combination of long-term knowledge of Career Development practice, the quickly changing world of work, and the continual development of employability skills that make graduates the most sought-after candidates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic planning that is linked with the priorities of the department, faculty, and institution
- Ongoing strategic consideration of and development of diverse Faculty and stakeholder relationships • Design and delivery of high-quality, effective, and innovative Career Development, Information services, and engagement measures attuned to students and demonstrating insight into the South African and international labor market and employment trends
- Design and execution of high-quality, effective, and innovative Career Development, Information services, and engagement measures tailored to students and exhibiting understanding of the South African and international labor market and employment trends
- An excellent contribution to the strategic leadership of the Careers Service as a member of the senior management team.
- Ongoing professional and personal development
The job’s requirements
- • Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, lead, and manage the delivery of a variety of Career Development Services, Career Education information, and learning resources at scale for hybrid student involvement
- 8 years experience in a senior Career Development role, including 5 years line managing a team of 3 or more people in the SA Higher Education sector
- The ability to think strategically, build relationships and networks, strong organizing skills, self-management, and strong project planning
- NQF 7 in Higher Education Development, Industrial Psychology, or equivalent
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to multi-task, especially under pressure • Familiarity with business communication, customer relationship, and learning management tools and systems Excellent written and oral communication abilities for a variety of audiences on both physical and virtual platforms.
- Prior experience interacting with a variety of parties and developing strategic collaborationsThe following will be beneficial:
- NQF 8 or above in themes directly related to the practice of Career Development Consulting
- Demonstrated ability to create solid data management systems and generate quantitative and qualitative reports
- Understanding of graduate employment trends, employer expectations, and the graduate recruitment industry
For more info, click here