Facilities Project Manager 2023-2024
Facilities Project Manager 2023-2024
If you are seeking a job as a Facilities Project Manager, the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
- The Inkosi Albert Luthuli ICC Complex, which consists of the International Convention Centre Durban (ICC), the ICC Exhibition Centre, and the ICC Arena, is managed by Durban ICC SOC (Ltd). The Durban ICC, which has been named Africa’s Leading Conference Centre by World Travel Awards for 17 years, is one of the most cutting-edge conference venues in the entire world.
- The Durban ICC is looking for a well-rounded professional with highly developed decision-making skills, coupled with the capacity to work under pressure and a demonstrated history of team leadership in order to be appointed as a Facilities Project Manager in order to provide efficient engineering services in a dynamic environment. The Facilities Infrastructure Support Executive is the person in charge of this position.
Key Performance / Main Activities Of This Role
- Manage contracts for the Facilities Department by organizing contract paperwork and assessing bids for challenging electrical and civil engineering projects.
putting control procedures into place to check schedules, bills of materials, bid documents, and cost estimates
By ensuring that annual preventative maintenance is planned, scheduled, and reviewed, preventative and reactive maintenance are managed.
- Make sure utility management is carried out and that the department’s entire operation is managed well.
- By ensuring that all service providers have signed vetted contracts in accordance with legal compliance, you can manage service level agreements and service provider performance.
- Contract oversight and negotiation, resolution of performance-related contractual disputes, and maintenance of ongoing communication and feedback with service providers.
- oversee the Facilities Department’s project management and make sure that all budgets for capital expenditures are prepared on time and in accordance with the policies and procedures for procurement.
- Consider and comment on potential solutions for high-voltage electrical transmission reinforcement projects, as well as their construction and upkeep.
- Ensure that all assets are managed, create and manage departmental budgets, and prepare an annual report on the condition of the building that includes suggestions for maintenance and repairs.
- Control how well subordinates are performing and make sure that performance reviews and agreements are made.
- financial literacy, budget management, and supply chain management expertise.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
Minimum requirements and expertise
- Electrical/Civil Engineering BSc. Professional Body Registration, such as ECSA.
5-8 years of management experience in the engineering industry.
Major Result Areas
The applicant must exhibit sufficient ability and proficiency in the following areas:
- contract administration
Controlling both proactive and reactive maintenance
Controlling Service Level Agreements
Corporate law and related regulations
Planning, Engineering Design, Project Management, Asset Management, and People Management
- Analysis and issue resolution
Making decisions and using judgment
gathering and seeking information
a capacity for pressured work
Organizing, prioritizing, and planning
precise and quality-oriented
technical and industry-specific expertise
- The Durban ICC is dedicated to employment equity and especially encourages qualified historically disadvantaged people to apply (HDI). The ICC will give preference to qualified candidates who can help it meet its current transformational needs. Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged.
- The minimum requirements will be met, and applicants who do not will be automatically eliminated.
- If applicants have not heard from us within 30 days of the application deadline, they should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Package and Compensation
- R958.124.16 MINIMUM – R1 039 173.85 MAXIMUM PER ANNUM
For more info on this job, click here