Head of Department 2023-2024
Head of Department 2023-2024
If you are seeking a job as a Head of a Department, the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
- A seasoned ECSA qualified Professional (Pr Eng) Senior Mechanical Engineer is needed on a full-time basis by our client, a vibrant Engineering Consulting firm in the building services sector, to fill the position of Head of Department Mechanical Engineering at their headquarters in Cape Town. For a strong leader with exceptional people skills, this opportunity offers thrilling challenges in multidisciplinary engineering consulting services and thrilling projects in energy, infrastructure, building, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and installations for HVAC and Wet Services
- Prepare the bill of quantities (BOQ), cost projections, and fee suggestions for the tender specifications.
- Monitoring the site and managing the contractors
- take part in site meetings
- Deal with issues relating to contracts.
- Budget management and cost containment
- Reporting and technical writing
- client, utility, and other engineering disciplines liaison
Desired Experience & Qualification
Mechanical engineering BSc or B Eng
10+ years of mechanical engineering experience, including design and installation of HVAC and wet services
Experience in the following areas is crucial:
- knowledge in designing and installing HVAC systems
- – Design and installation experience with wet services
- – Working knowledge of BOQs and tender specifications
- – Budget management and monitoring of sites experience
- – Outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities
- – The capacity to allocate tasks and effective management abilities
- – Strong technical proficiency in building services and excellent problem-solving abilities
engineering documentation in building services for signature
MUST possess a capable personal vehicle and be willing to travel
MUST be fluent in both English and Afrikaans.
The following requirements are thought to be a big plus:
- – Installations and designs for fires
- – Experience with CAD or Revit drafting
It should be mentioned that candidates with experience in consulting engineering will be given preference.
Package & Remuneration
- Depending on skills and experience, market-related; negotiable
- Send your updated CV in MS Word format as soon as possible.
Please take note:
- Only RSA citizens who speak English and Afrikaans well will be eligible for this post.
- Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
If after 30 days you still haven’t heard anything, please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we might keep your resume in our database so we might get in touch with you again if another position comes along that would be a good fit. Please make it clear on your application if you would like not to be contacted about any more opportunities.
You give us permission to access your personal information by applying for this position.
For more info on this job, click here