If you are seeking a job as a LECTURER_P0001136, the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
- UNIVERSITY OF THE NORTH-WEST (POTCHEFSTROOM CAMPUS) SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL SCIENCES FACULTY/DIVIDEND: P001136 POSITION NUMBER LECTURER PEROMNES GRADE: A8 EMPLOYMENT TYPE: PERMANENT POSITION PURPOSE OF THE POSITION In the Physics department, you will be responsible for teaching, learning, and research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out research projects as needed
Ensure the quality of research products. Promote and expand international collaboration. Encourage faculty involvement in research.
- Courses must be taught as needed.
Quality control and management of teaching outcomes
Drive and manage the productivity and outcomes of teaching and learning
Organize and participate in student communication and support initiatives.
- Participate in community involvement activities
- The yearly total salary package will be appropriate for the advertised level of appointment and in accordance with NWU policy requirements.
INQUIRIES ABOUT JOB CONTENTS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO: Prof Cobus Kriek – 018 299 2345
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS CAN BE DIRECTED TO: Ms Mpumi Mqina – 018 285 2009.
DEADLINE: July 11, 2022
DUTIES ARE EXPECTED TO BE STARTED ON THE 1ST OF SEPTEMBER 2022, OR AS SOON AS THEY ARE AVAILABLE.
- Please keep in mind that applications must be filed online via the official nwu vacancy website.
Applications that are incomplete or sent through another platform will not be evaluated.
- The University supports and implements the principles of the Employment Equity Act (EEA) and is committed to transformation. Candidates from the defined groups shall be given preference in compliance with the principles of the EE Act and the NWU Employment Equity Plan.
- The University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Candidates from the defined groups shall be given preference, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and the NWU Employment Equity Plan.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Doctor of Philosophy in Astrophysics/Astronomy/Material Physics/Space Physics 2 years of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and learning experience 1 year of postgraduate supervision and training 2 years of active research experience
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Radio / Optical / Gamma-ray Astronomy, Cosmic-ray Physics, Heliospheric / Space Physics, Material Sciences for Space
- Applications are examples of research areas that should be considered.
- A record of successful research funding applications and postgraduate student supervision will be useful.
- Experience in leadership and outreach (community engagement) will be advantageous.
- Expertise in theoretical, modeling and experimental physics is required.
- Experience teaching physics at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities Excellent computer skills Knowledge of the higher education system Demonstrate
- language competence to perform efficiently in the NWU’s multilingual environment
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills Excellent communication skills Team-oriented and dependable
post office recruitment 2021
qatar airways careers
government job vacancies
mechanical engineering jobs
government jobs 2021
civil engineering jobs
For more information n this job, click here