Maintenance Manager 2023-2024
Maintenance Manager 2023-2024
If you are seeking a job as a Maintenance Manager, the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
- Our national manufacturing/FMCG client is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Maintenance Manager for their plant in KZN. The Factory Manager is in charge of this position.
The successful candidate will provide maintenance direction, technical guidance, and leadership to ensure maximum plant availability and design capacity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- While optimizing our CMMS, we will implement preventative and reactive maintenance in accordance with the Asset Management Program.
• Collaborate with finance to create a maintenance budget, manage maintenance activities within budget, and achieve cost synergies.
• Optimize maintenance performance by holding teams accountable to achieve the highest standards of efficiencies and quality • Ensure the plant realizes its full maintenance potential and areas for improvement are identified • Ensure compliance with relevant local factory legislation as well as the South African OSHAct Ensure that talent development and performance management are integrated into local working practices while leveraging support functions and resources to develop capability.
- Establish and lead a problem-solving approach throughout the maintenance function to ensure that the appropriate techniques and tools are used to resolve issues effectively.
• Demonstrate leadership behaviors by effectively collaborating, partnering, and communicating within and between teams and support functions.
• Promote a culture of risk assessment and continuous improvement throughout operations; • Adhere to and promote SHERQ & Food Safety standards; and • Develop the maintenance philosophy, plans, goals, and KPIs for the maintenance team.
• Promote rigorous performance management, with a focus on rewarding strong performance and compliance with critical behaviors, as well as managing consequences as needed.
- Supervise maintenance activities to ensure safety, efficiency, quality control, budgetary control, service, and resource management that is cost-effective.
• Increase dependability by making informed trade-offs and driving initiatives that will produce the highest possible output and quality levels in accordance with objectives.
• Report to the Factory Manager on performance in accordance with KPIs, as well as key negative or positive developments.
• Ensure that each area of the plant is maintained in order to achieve maximum availability and equipment capacity at the lowest possible cost.
• Identify off-crop, stop day work and carry out maintenance activities in accordance with plans.
• Identify areas for improvement in maintenance, equipment performance, and quality management, and manage the implementation of systems and processes to make those improvements.
- Manage the implementation of effective risk mitigation measures to reduce major or repeat findings during audits and inspections to zero.
• Identify areas for improvement in quality, safety, and food safety management, and manage the implementation of systems and processes to make those improvements.
• Establish, implement, and monitor effective team communication processes to drive best maintenance practices to support stable operations and long-term reliability performance. • Monitor and manage equipment technical risk compliance through robust governance processes to ensure adherence to group risk and assurance standards and requirements.
• Ensure that maintenance reporting is in accordance with company policy and procedure. • Contribute to business cases for key capital projects and support delivery, ensuring that required economic and desired outcomes are met.