mediclinic careers 2023-2024
mediclinic careers 2023-2024
HEAD: CAREER DEVELOPMENT CONSULTING
- The Director is the primary point of contact for the Head: of Career Development Consulting (CDC), who serves on the department’s senior management team. The ideal applicant will oversee the constant delivery of specialized career development-related services, including events, resources, and tools, to improve employment chances and student achievement while managing the work of the Career Development Consulting group. This work benefits from a combination of long-term understanding of Career Development practice, the quickly changing workplace, and the continual improvement of employability skills that make graduates the preferred recruitment option.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic planning in line with institutional, departmental, and faculty priorities
• The Career Development Consultants’ team has excellent, accountable leadership.
- • Constant strategic evaluation and connection building with various faculty members and stakeholders
- • Creating and delivering high-quality, innovative Career Development, Information, and Engagement initiatives that are focused on students and show an understanding of local and global labor market and employment trends.
- • Outstanding contribution to the strategic direction of the Careers Service as a member of the senior management team
- • Constant professional and personal development
Desired Experience & Qualification
- • Proven capacity to conceptualize, direct, and oversee the distribution of a variety of Career Development Services, Career education data, and learning resources for hybrid student engagement at scale.
- • NQF 7 in Higher Education Development, Industrial Psychology or equivalent • 8 years of experience in a senior Career Development role, including 5 years of line managing a team of three or more individuals in the SA Higher Education sector
- • The ability to think strategically, forge connections and networks, strong organizing skills, self-management, and strong project planning
- • Knowledge of learning management systems, customer relationship management technologies, and business communication tools
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, as well as the capacity to multitask, especially under time constraints• Proven oral and written communication abilities for a variety of audiences and venues, including virtual ones.
• Proven track record of strategic relationship-building and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
The benefits of the following are:
• NQF 8 or higher in subjects directly related to the profession of Career Development Consulting
• A track record of producing reliable information management systems and reports that are both quantitative and qualitative.
• Understanding of developments in the graduate labor market, employer expectations, and the graduate recruitment industry