THE DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES AND ENERGY
- The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and it is the purpose of filling this position to promote representativity in the public sector. As a result, those whose transfer, promotion, or appointment will promote representativity will be given priority. In the processing of applications, an indication in this regard will be critical. Women and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Women and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please send your application to The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria, 0001 (citing reference). Hand delivers applications to Trevenna Campus, intersection Meintjies and Francis Baard Streets (old Schoeman), or Matimba House Building, 192 Visagie Street, corner Paul Kruger and Visagie Street Pretoria. Ms. T Sibutha 012 444 3319, Mr. P Ndlovu 012 406 7506, and Mr. Donald Mbhokota 012 406 7426 can be contacted for general inquiries.
- Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form, which may be found on the Government website, the DPSA website, the DMRE website, and any government department’s website.
- All sections of the Z83 must be filled out completely, accurately, legibly, and signed and dated, as well as copies of:
- Identity Document Proof of Citizenship if not a citizen of the Republic of South Africa
- Three references with the following information: name, phone number, and an indication of the capacity in which the reference is known to the candidate. (During the selection process, references will be checked.)
- A clean copy of a valid driver’s license must be attached whenever one is required.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS positions will be subjected to a technical exercise(s) to test essential technical elements of the role, the logistics of which will be disclosed by the Department. The selection panel will recommend candidates to undergo a generic management Competency Assessment after the interviews and technical exercise.
- The application will be invalidated if the copies stated above are not submitted.
- On application, the applicant must have international qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Please keep in mind that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not get notification of an interview within three days,
- Applicants should be aware that once they have been short-listed, personnel suitability checks will be conducted, and their appointment is contingent on the positive results of these checks, which include security screening, security vetting, qualification verification, criminal records, and financial records checks.
- During the selection process, references will be checked. No appointment shall be made for SMS posts in the Public Service unless the recommended applicant produces a Certificate of Completion for the SMS Pre-Entry Programme (Nyukela) offered by the National School of Government (NSG), which can be found at this link: The National Security Group’s website
- Applicants who do not meet the above-mentioned conditions, as well as those who submit their applications after the deadline, will not be accepted.
- If an applicant chooses to withdraw their application, they must do so in writing.
At any point during the recruitment process, the Department reserves the right to refuse to fill an advertised position.
For more info, click here