My Nsfas/Nsfas Online Application
Nsfas applicants can use MyNsfas to log in and manage vital information about the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
To access your funding progress through your NSFAS login account, you are required to register or re-register a myNSFAS account./Nsfas Online Application
- Navigate to www.nsfas.org.za login.
- Click myNSFAS tab.
- Click register.
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify your details.
- Then capture the ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Type in your full names and surname as per your ID number.
- Type in your current email address.
- Confirm your email address.
- Type in your cellphone number.
- Create a password.
- Confirm password.
- Upload ID Copy.
- Click register.
- You will be sent an OTP to the email and cell number provided (this OTP expires after 24 hours).
- Type in the OTP and click Submit.
- You have now completed your NSFAS account re-registration.
How to check your NSFAS status/Nsfas Online Application
When you apply for funding with the NSFAS, you can usually expect a response a few days after the application closing date.
If you’ve been waiting anxiously to find out whether you have been accepted into the scheme or not, here’s a simple guide on how to check your National Student Financial Aid Scheme application status.
To check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the sigh in button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
If your NSFAS application status outcome reads “unsuccessful”, you can submit an appeal application with the required information and document. Submit your appeal within 30 days after the appearance of the “unsuccessful” status on your NSFAS portal dashboard.
How to reset your MyNsfas account password/Nsfas Online Application
simply reset your Nsfas login password by:
- Clicking on the “Forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
Did you know that if your myNSFAS portal account is locked or blocked, you need to reset your myNSFAS login details by clicking on the “Forgot your password” link and following the steps provided?
To unlock your NSFAS account, send an email to email@example.com. If you want to unblock your account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.