NSFAS Application 2024-2025
NSFAS Application 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government initiative administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. It was established in 1999 under the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to assist disadvantaged students in continuing their education at public universities or TVET institutes. For anyone to apply for nsfas, they should check for who is eligible and who is not even before applying to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).NSFAS Application 2024-2025
Nsfas application Opening and closing date
The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Online application for this academic year opens 1 September and closes on 30 November.
Areas the support covers for Applicants
The Financial supports covers the following listed below
University in South Africa
- Cover’s Accommodation
- According to the university’s actual costs (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Cover’s Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7 500 per annum
- Cover’s Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Cover’s Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Tvet College in South Africa
- Cover’s accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Cover’s accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Cover’s accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Cover’s Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Cover’s Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Instructions For Applicants
- Note. Before filling out the application form, please read the following notes carefully. Make sure you read all of the sections and that the information you supply is correct.
- Every page of the application form, as well as every page of all supporting documents, must have your identity (ID) number written in the top righthand corner.
- NSFAS will not process application forms that do not include ALL supporting papers.
- Only the first application received by NSFAS will be processed. Please do not submit multiple applications unless NSFAS specifically demands it.
- NSFAS need either a cell phone number or email address in order to communicate with you during the application process. If you do not already have an email address, you can create a free email account on Google at www.gmail.com, or on Yahoo at www.yahoo.co.za or any other free email service.
- If your application is approved, NSFAS will pay portion of your student allowances via cell phone vouchers using the cell phone number you provided on the application form.
- Please open a bank account with any bank, such as Postbank, ABSA, Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, Nedbank, or others, if you do not already have one. Some student allowances will be deposited directly into your bank account.
How To Apply For NSFAS Application
Applicants must carefully read ‘how to apply for nsfas online application’ to understand the procedure for applying to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) board to avoid rejection.
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
You will be covered till you complete your degree if you are eligible for NSFAS funding. However, you must continue to meet the academic criteria in order to receive this benefit. All you have to do now is focus on studying and passing your modules to assure your continued financing.
Documents needed for nsfas application
- A valid ID document or a valid ID card (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Unabridged birth certificate (if you don’t have an ID card or paperwork) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Identification documents for parents and guardians (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Certificate of Death for Parents/Guardians (if applicable) (both a certified copy and a digital copy)Pay slips, employment letters, and pension information (not older than 3 months) (Do not include SASSA slips in your submission.) SASSA should not be counted as part of a household’s income.) (both a certified copy and a digital copy)
- Contact information (phone number/email address where NSFAS can interact with you during the application process and provide feedback on your application’s outcome)
- NSFAS Consent Form pdf– completed and signed by parents/ guardians
- If disabled, complete and include the NSFAS Disability Annexure A (.pdf)
- If orphaned, complete and include the NSFAS Declaration Form (.pdf)– to be signed by an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker/ a social worker from the Department of Social Development and submitted to an Isibindi Centre/ NYDA office.
Applicants can click here for more >>>Nsfas links
Nsfas Contact Details
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
Other Related links