Nsfas Funding 2024-2025
Nsfas Funding 2024-2025
One of the main goal of the Nsfas is to fund brilliant but needy students who meet the required qualifications. Funding is in various forms depending on either you are attending a Public University or TVET College.Nsfas Funding 2024-2025
Who qualifies for this funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
University in South Africa
- Cover Accommodation
According to the university’s actual costs (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Cover’s Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Cover’s Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Required Documents Needed For Application
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require more information from you to process your application, so you need to provide the following documents to ensure that your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.Nsfas Funding 2024-2025
For nsfas online application click >>>here