Nsfas Meaning 2024-2025
Nsfas Meaning 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government institution under the Department of Higher Studies and Training that was founded in 1999 under the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to help disadvantaged students continue their education at public universities or TVET institutes. Nsfas Meaning 2024-2025
Purpose Of Nsfas To Students
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) plays an important role in supporting South African citizens financially, through schooling either in a University or a Tvet College. The Financial support covers the following listed below:
University in South Africa
- Cover Accommodation
According to the university’s actual costs (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Cover’s Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Cover’s Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Tvet College in South Africa
- Cover accommodation in an urban area for R24,000 per annum
- Cover accommodation in a peri-urban area for R18,900 per annum
- Cover accommodation in a rural area for R15,750 per annum
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Cover Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
NSFAS will also provide assistive devices & human support for applicants with disabilities.
Who Qualifies To Apply?
To qualify for NSFAS funding, students will have to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Academically deserving and can demonstrate the ability to succeed in your studies.
- Applied or are applying to study at a public university for a qualification.
- You need to have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability with a combined household income of no more than R600 000 per annum.
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.Nsfas Meaning 2024-2025
Your NSFAS Application Will Not Be Considered If You
- received NSFAS funding in the previous year.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a Short Learning Certificate or Programme or a postgraduate qualification.
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet inquiries
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
For nsfas online application click >>>here
Applicants can click here for more >>>Nsfas links