Nsfas Online 2024-2025
Nsfas Online 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government organization that was established in 1999 under the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to assist disadvantaged students in continuing their education at public universities or TVET institutes. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is an important tool for financially assisting South African individuals who are pursuing higher education at a university or a technical college.
The following items are covered under the financial assistance:
University in South Africa
- Cover Accommodation
According to the university’s actual costs (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Cover’s Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Cover’s Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Tvet College in South Africa
- Cover accommodation in an urban area for R24,000 per annum
- Cover accommodation in a peri-urban area for R18,900 per annum
- Cover accommodation in a rural area for R15,750 per annum
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Cover Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
How to Apply for NSFAS
If you would like to apply for NSFAS online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
If you are eligible for NSFAS financing, you will be covered until you finish your degree. However, in order to continue receiving this benefit, you must continue to meet the academic requirements. To ensure your continuous funding, all you have to do now is concentrate on studying and passing your modules.
Required Documents For Nsfas
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require more information from you in order to process your application, so you need to provide the following documents to make sure that your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
For nsfas online application click >>>here
For more information on nsfas click here