Nsfas wallet withdrawal 2023-2024
Nsfas wallet withdrawal
Brief on Nsfas Wallet
You can withdraw cash and/or make purchases using your NSFAS Wallet at any NSFAS-registered merchant. Also, keep in mind that the amount of any allowance you may receive is set after consultation with institutions and is communicated to NSFAS when you register.
Nsfas important note to applicants
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores. Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
NSFAS-Funded students who qualify to receive allowances directly from them will get cash funds in their NSFAS Wallets. How do I get money out of my NSFAS Wallet? This is a frequently requested question by students who want to know how to get their NSFAS allowances out of their NSFAS Wallet
Do you want to learn how to get money out of your NSFAS wallet? Have you already activated your NSFAS E-Wallet? Continue reading to find out the answers.
How Do I get money out from my NSFAS wallet
To withdraw money from your NSFAS wallet, first create an NSFAS Voucher, then go to a merchants and use the voucher to withdraw cash or purchase what you need.
Kindly follow the below step-by-step guide to withdraw money from NSFAS wallet.
STEP 1: Creating NSFAS Wallet Voucher
- Dial *134*176#
- Type in your NSFAS Wallet Password
- Select “Cash Voucher” by choosing option 1
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- You’ll get your voucher
STEP 2: Withdrawing Money From NSFAS Wallet
- Take your voucher to a merchant NSFAS participating store or Celbux
- You’ll state how much you want to withdraw
- Present the merchant number you’ve generated in the first step
- The merchant or Celbux will give you cash in exchange for the voucher