Senior Artisan 2023-2024
Senior Artisan 2023-2024
If you are seeking a job as a Senior Artisan, the document below will guide you through the steps needed to find and apply for such jobs, and provide tips on how to make sure you are hired.
The City of Cape Town actively supports and puts employment equity concepts into practice. Applications are encouraged from people with disabilities.
TECHNICAL SERVICES – ENGINEERING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT – WATER AND WASTEWATER AND SANITATION
SUBJECT: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, SENIOR ARTISAN
REFERENCE NO. WS 101/22 – KILLARNEY DEPOT AND FUTURE VACANCIES – BASIC SALARY: R354 170 PER ANNUALLY
- Electrical Engineering Qualified Trade Tested Artisan (Heavy Current)
- Five (5) years of experience after completing an apprenticeship in accordance with KPAs
- valid driver’s license for code B/EB
- having a thorough understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, No.
- being available and willing to work in all weather situations, working during non-business hours as necessary, and
- performing scheduled overtime or standby activities
- physically sound and capable.
Key performance areas:
- Check the condition of the machinery and equipment, and inform the immediate supervisor of any problems.
- Coordinate and oversee the electrical team’s installation, upkeep, and repair work, including that of outside contractors and artisans.
- Apply visual and other relevant inspection and investigation techniques to fault diagnosis.
- Perform scheduled upkeep and repairs on specialized low-voltage plant and machinery, including centrifugal blowers, belt press machines, switchgear, variable speed drives (VSDs), soft starters, motor controllers, and PLC.
- Establish the materials and resources required in relation to particular work orders by speaking with the immediate supervisor.
- Before implementing established disciplinary procedures, address performance or conflict issues by formally counseling staff to change/adjust behavior.
- Complete internal transactional documentation, including forms and documents relating to time sheets, log sheets, progress, productivity reports, etc (vehicle checklist).
Unless otherwise specified, please submit your application online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers for external candidates or through the SAP Portal for internal candidates.
You agree that the personal information you provide in your application for a job with the City of Cape Town may be used for recruitment and selection purposes by submitting your application.
The deadline is July 22.
- In all communications, please include the reference number for the opening.
- On-demand, certified copies of qualifications must be made available.
- Copies of the accompanying documentation won’t be given back.
- Please be aware that applications won’t receive written acknowledgment.
- Go to www.capetown.gov.za/careers to view our website.
- Late applications won’t be accepted.
- Please consider that your application failed if you don’t hear anything about an appointment within three (3) months of the application deadline.
security jobs near me
cabin crew jobs
post office vacancy
north east jobs
teaching jobs near me
For more info on this job, click here