SENIOR PROGRAMMER 2023-2024
SENIOR PROGRAMMER 2023-2024
The school of languages at North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus) is a humanities faculty. SENIOR PROGRAMMER VACANCY P002238 PEROMNES: P9 POSITION NUMBER:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design of databases, services, and user interfaces for applications; participation in the packaging and release team for systems; design of the graphic and styling framework; documentation of help manuals, training procedures, testing procedures, and readme files for systems; system optimization; assurance of best solutions for unforeseen system/software issues.
upkeep of current software
- Data integration into current systems, participation in forum requests and problem fixes, technical support, assessment of systems/software and bug fixes, and update of pertinent documentation.
Development of resources and products
- System, application, core technology, and text resource development generally, including research
Grade 12 or equivalent certification is required as a minimum, as is a B-degree or advanced diploma in computer engineering, computer science, or another similar field.
Other prerequisites for competency:
- 3 years of expertise in computer science, computer engineering, or system/software development 3 years of programming experience in Java and at least one of the following languages: PERL, Python, R, PHP, C, C, or C# 2 years of familiarity with fundamental database and programming principles
- The ability to quickly learn new software The capacity to work both individually and as a team member while adapting to their working style Scientific writing style; ability to prioritize, manage, and finish a variety of tasks in accordance with CTexT’s objectives; creative problem-solving skills
- Design, development, and implementation of new computer systems; maintenance of current computer systems; resource development implementation; experience using a variety of operating systems, including Windows and Linux; advanced computer literacy skills; design, development, and implementation of new computer systems; and maintenance of existing computer systems.
- The yearly total compensation package shall be in accordance with NWU policy guidelines and consistent with the level of appointment as stated in the job posting.
To contact Mr. Jason Neumann regarding job content, call 018 299 1022.
Questions about the hiring process can be sent to Vuyi Ramavhulela.
END DATE: July 31, 2022
PLANNED START DATE OF DUTY: IMMEDIATELY
- Please be aware that you must submit your application online using the official NWU job website.
- Applications that are not comprehensive or submitted through another platform will not be taken into consideration.
- The University is dedicated to upholding the principles of the Employment Equity (EE) Act and
- transformation. According to the EE Act’s guiding principles, candidates from the designated groups will be given preference.
- likewise the NWU Employment Equity Plan.
- The University has the discretion not to appoint. Only the candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
- Please consider that your application was unsuccessful if you are not contacted within two months of the closing date of this advertisement.
For more info on the job, click here