- There are permanent openings (download pdf here), and you can register and/or update your profile by clicking here.
- Data ecosystems are improving people’s lives.
- Through optimization, partnerships, and innovation, transform the production, coordination, and use of statistics.
Concerning the Statistics Act
- To establish a Statistician-General as the head of Statistics South Africa, who is responsible for the collection, production, and dissemination of official and other statistics, including conducting a population census, and for coordination among statisticians; to repeal certain legislation, and to provide for related matters. BE IT ENACTED BY THE SENATE OF THE REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN
The purpose of Act 2
- is to advance the planning, production, analysis, documentation, storage, dissemination, and use of official and other statistics by establishing:
- (a) a Statistician-General as the head of Statistics South Africa and a Council;
- (b) the respective functions of the Statistician-General, the Council, and the Minister, as well as their interrelationships; and
- (c) co-ordination between Statistics South Africa and other state organs that produce official and other statistics
- I give recommendations on the standardization, classification, collecting, processing, analysis, and distribution of statistics;
- request official statistics.
Official statistics’ purpose and statistical principles
- The goal of official statistics is to aid state organs, businesses, other organizations, and the general public in
- (a) planning;
- (b) decision-making or other activities; and
- (c) monitoring or assessment of policies, decision-making, or other actions.
- Official statistics must be—
- (a) relevant, accurate, reliable, and timely; (b) objective and comprehensive;
- (c) compiled, reported, and documented in a scientific and transparent manner;
- (d) disseminated impartially;
- (e) accessible;
- (f) in accordance with appropriate national and international standards and classifications; and
- (g) sensitive to gender distribution.
For more info, click here