- There are permanent openings (download pdf here), and you can register and/or update your profile by clicking here.
- Data ecosystems are improving people’s lives.
- Through optimization, partnerships, and innovation, transform the production, coordination, and use of statistics.
Concerning the Statistics Act
- To establish a Statistician-General as the head of Statistics South Africa, who is responsible for the collection, production, and dissemination of official and other statistics, including conducting a population census, and for coordination among statisticians; to repeal certain legislation, and to provide for related matters. BE IT ENACTED BY THE SENATE OF THE REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN
The purpose of Act 2
- is to advance the planning, production, analysis, documentation, storage, dissemination, and use of official and other statistics by establishing:
- (a) a Statistician-General as the head of Statistics South Africa and a Council;
- (b) the respective functions of the Statistician-General, the Council, and the Minister, as well as their interrelationships; and
- (c) co-ordination between Statistics South Africa and other state organs that produce official and other statistics
- I give recommendations on the standardization, classification, collecting, processing, analysis, and distribution of statistics;
- request official statistics.
Official statistics’ purpose and statistical principles
- The goal of official statistics is to aid state organs, businesses, other organizations, and the general public in
- (a) planning;
- (b) decision-making or other activities; and
- (c) monitoring or assessment of policies, decision-making, or other actions.
- Official statistics must be—
- (a) relevant, accurate, reliable, and timely; (b) objective and comprehensive;
- (c) compiled, reported, and documented in a scientific and transparent manner;
- (d) disseminated impartially;
- (e) accessible;
- (f) in accordance with appropriate national and international standards and classifications; and
- (g) sensitive to gender distribution.
Application for employment forms
Office of the Chief Justice(link is external)
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
Public Service and Administration
Public Works and Infrastructure
For more info, click here