Temp Facilitator: eThekwini
Job Advert Summary
Since its founding in 1929, TB HIV Care (THC) has established a worldwide reputation as a charitable organization. In South Africa, we provide health care to the general population as well as communities that are more likely to contract HIV and TB, such as adolescent girls and young women, sex workers, and drug users. THC offers a stimulating work environment and the chance to collaborate with leaders in HIV and TB treatment and prevention. Our work environment is tailored to the ever-evolving health care environment in South Africa and is ideal for solution-oriented team players looking for career advancement opportunities while connecting people with healthcare.
Purpose of the position:
This position’s duties include facilitating multi-session, evidence-based structural programs and reducing risk for vulnerable AGYW by providing them with information and encouraging positive behavior change in a secure setting.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Accredited / recognized 10 days counseling certificate
- The beneficiary of the PPPrev Program and facilitator training would be advantageous.
- One-year facilitation experience working in the community
- Computer literate in MS office
- Proficiency in English and isiZulu languages
- Knowledge of the district health system, including war rooms, the District AIDS Council, and other structures
Candidates within the following age groups may apply:
- Candidates must live within five kilometers of the district for which they are applying.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct vulnerability pre-screening and identify the vulnerable girls who can participate in structural sessions by locating safe spaces in the community. Provide multisession structural programs.
Create a work plan for the upcoming months Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings Attends training and workshops as part of staff development Networks with all relevant stakeholders and implements an effective referral system to ensure effective service delivery Complete a pre-screening vulnerability form for each beneficiary participating in Ikusasa Lami interventions Assist beneficiaries to complete all the fields in the Ikusasa Lami register, including SA ID and other PEPFAR UID-related fields, as well as the Zimisele card number
Upon issuance of the Zimisele card during graduation, enter each beneficiary LIVE on the CommCare Zimisele App. Keep statistics and accurate records to submit as required. Ensure compliance with POPIA. Submit weekly or monthly reports to supervisor.