The Department of Transportation would like to extend a warm welcome to you.
The Department of Transport regulates and coordinates all modes of transportation in South Africa, including public transportation, rail transportation, civil aviation, maritime transportation, and road transportation.
- “Transport is the Lifeblood of Economic and Social Development”
Visit http://www.dpsa.gov.za/vacancies.php for additional job openings.
- Current Departmental Vacancies as of June 2022
Applicants with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NOTE: Applications must be filed on the Z83 form below OR picked up at the Department of Transportation, 159 Struben Street, Forum Building, or any Government department. A CV and certified copies of your Senior Certificate, academic qualification(s), academic record, and ID are required for all applicants.
- You will be instantly disqualified if any of the above documents are not attached to your application. Please accept that your application failed if you have not been notified within two months of the closing date.
- “Transport, the Heartbeat of South Africa’s Economic Growth and Social Development” is the Department of Transport’s vision.
- By developing a framework of sustainable laws and regulations, as well as implementable models to support government plans for economic, social, and international growth, the Department of Transportation hopes to lead the development of efficient integrated transportation systems.
The department’s basic values are:
- Maintain justice and equity in all of our activities;
- Strive for high-quality, affordable transportation for everyone;
- Encourage transportation sector innovation;
- provide transparency, accountability, and accessibility;
- and adhere to the Batho Pele values.
The Overarching Goals
The following are the goals that we hope to achieve by developing a policy framework, regulations, and implementation models:
Transport costs that are competitive;
- Improvements in safety and security;
- Backlogs in infrastructure should be reduced.
- Enhance accessibility; and
- Reduce the amount of time spent traveling
For more info, click here