Uj Nsfas 2024-2025
Uj Nsfas 2024-2025
In terms of pace and intensity, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) is comparable to the cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city that bears its name.The institution is proudly South African, and it is well-positioned to help Africa prosper by realizing higher education’s potential.UJ has grown into a diverse, inclusive, transformational, and collegial school with over 50 000 students, including over 3000 international students from 80 countries.UJ is one of the country’s primary contact institutions, with 26 public universities that support the country’s higher education system.Uj Nsfas 2024-2025
Are you a UJ student or planning to join UJ and want to know if NSFAS will cover the cost of your studies? Continue reading to learn if they do, as well as what services they provide.
So, do they provide financial assistance to students at the University of Johannesburg (UJ)?
Yes, they do, and as of March 3, 2022, NSFAS approved 15 564 UJ students to register for the 2022 academic year, according to a statement made by UJ.
Students who are supported by the NSFAS will get the following:
- Allowance for textbooks and other learning resources once off-book (usually up to R5200 per year)
- Allowance for meals (usually R15 000 paid over 10 months)
- For students who are remaining at home, there is a travel allowance (usually R7500 paid over 10 months)
- Accommodation allowance for students staying in privately owned student housing at the University of Johannesburg. (In most cases, up to R40 000 is paid over ten months)
How to Apply for nsfas online application uj
- Visit NSFAS Online Application 2023 portal: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click on the “Apply” tab on the NSFAS page
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2023-2024 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR NSFAS FUNDING
Applicants must ensure that they satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification in 2022 (postgraduate courses will not be funded, except for postgraduate students who received funding in 2020)Uj Nsfas 2024-2025
- You must be studying or intend on studying a public tertiary institution within South Africa (University or TVET College)
- You must NOT have completed any previous qualifications
You must fall in to 1 or more of these categories:
1) You must be a SASSA grant recipient (excluding the SASSA COVID-19 grant)
2) You must have a total combined household income is NOT more than R350 000 per annum
3) You must be living with a disability AND have a total combined household income NOT more than R600 000 per annum
4) You must have started studying before 2018 and have total combined household income NOT more than R122 000 per annum.Uj Nsfas 2024-2025
For nsfas online application click >>>here
Applicants can click here for more >>>Nsfas links
For more information on nsfas click here