Data Scientist/ Quantitative Analyst
- The incumbent will be in charge of upkeep, re-calibration, development, and deployment of new predictive and prescriptive models.
- The incumbent will use their analytical, statistical, and programming talents to collect, analyze, and understand huge amounts of data in order to give insights and data-driven solutions to tough and strategic business challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage various parts of existing scorecards/models.
- Maintain and update existing scorecards and/or predictive models.
- Create new prediction models.
- Advanced data analytics and mining techniques are used to analyze data, analyzing data validity and usability; data results are reviewed to verify the accuracy, and results and insights are communicated to stakeholders.
- Identifies data trends, patterns, correlations, and discrepancies and determines what further data is required to support insight. Processes purify and validate data for analysis.
- Identifying, interpreting, and explaining the reasons that lead to particular business outcomes.
- Forecasting and predicting likely future business results.
- Identifying essential business operations aspects to modify, eliminate, or introduce in order to improve business outcomes.
- Create, maintain, and improve advanced mathematical and statistical models for many elements of the business.
- Apply supervised and unsupervised learning techniques to a variety of situations.
- Modeling, both predictive and prescriptive.
- Solving difficult analytical difficulties for the company.
- Creates predictive solutions by applying diverse mathematical, statistical, and simulation techniques to big and unstructured data sets in order to answer crucial business problems and enhance business outcomes.
- Using various tools, use data profiling and visualization strategies to analyze and explain data features that will guide modeling approaches.
- Data is mined utilizing cutting-edge techniques. Improves data gathering techniques by including information useful for constructing data models.
- Performs data pre-processing tasks such as data modification, transformation, normalization, standardization, visualization, and the development of new variables/features.
- Create and communicate business insights.
- Maintain and improve prediction models that are already in use.
- Analyze business needs/problems by identifying, defining, and translating them into analytical questions.
- Use statistical and computational approaches to generate actionable insights and discover opportunities to maximize Gross Profit.
- Assist in the creation of scalable, efficient, and automated methods for large-scale data analytics, as well as model development, validation, and implementation.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
Work Experience and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with honors in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science.
- Experience of 4+ years
Technical Skills Required
- SAS (Base, Enterprise Guide, and Enterprise Miner)
- Excel benefits from Python R
Behavioral Skills Required
- Thinking outside the box
- Making a decision and taking action
- Using knowledge and technology
- Creating outcomes and exceeding consumer expectations
- Managing stress and setbacks
- Collaboration with others
- Observing principles and values
- Relationships and networking
- Persuasion and influence
- Organizing and planning
- Change adaptation and response
Click here for additional information