Wits Nsfas 2024-2025
Wits Nsfas 2024-2025
NSFAS funds Wits University students because it is a public university.Student support differs by institution, and the NSFAS bursary at Wits has its own set of rules and regulations.
While studying at Wits, first-time NSFAS students get the following capped amounts:
- During their undergraduate studies, they will receive a stipend of R15 000 each year.
- Students who must go to campus are given a R7 500 transportation payment.
- A R5 200 book allowance is provided to cover textbook and stationery costs.
- A living stipend of R2 900 per year is provided.
- Fees of up to R42 000 per year for accommodation.
Who Qualifies For Nsfas
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply for NSFAS
If you would like to apply for NSFAS online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Who Does Not Qualify
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
For nsfas online application click >>>here
For more information on nsfas click here